This class helps new parents and caregivers understand the remarkable abilities and characteristics of their newborn. Information and techniques are offered to empower families to greet the new baby and begin their new roles of discovery and care with competence and confidence.
- Visual aids describe the special qualities and characteristics of the newborn
- Focus is given to the first 2 hours, the first 2 weeks, the first 6 weeks, and mother's recovery
- Feeding the baby, both breastfeeding and formula feeding are discussed
- The care essentials: holding, burping, diapering, bathing, swaddling and comforting the newborn
- Understanding baby's sleeping and waking patterns
- Stimulation cues: when it’s enough or too much
This class is intended to be taken while you are still pregnant.
Combine this class with Infant and Child CPR, offered on the same day as Newborn Care! Register here for September 16 CPR.
Available Spaces: 7
NOTE: Your registration reserves a space for two (you and one partner). We strongly suggest bringing along a partner, doula, or other support person.