This 7-week series offers a comprehensive look at childbirth giving expectant parents the skills and information to birth confidently and calmly with a minimum of medical interventions. The focus in this class is to equip couples to engage in the labor process with a knowledge of all of the latest breathing techniques, mental calming methods, and relaxation tools to eliminate fear and experience an empowering birth whatever their choices or circumstances. This series now includes the Breastfeeding Class. Baby bonding and postpartum recovery are lightly covered but the Newborn Care, and the CPR classes are recommended to complete the skills and information needed to be fully prepared.
- Stages, phases, and anatomy of labor
- Nature and purpose of contractions
- Techniques and comfort measures for the physical and emotional experience of labor
- Common hospital protocols, procedures, and alternatives
- Home and water birth procedures
- Creating the birth support team and writing birth plans
- Maximizing, enhancing and highlighting the partner's role
- Medical interventions including pain medications, emergency complications, cesareans, and making informed choices
Breastfeeding instructor: TBA
Available Spaces: 1
NOTE: Your registration reserves a space for two (you and one birth partner). We strongly suggest bringing along a partner, doula, or other support person.