Welcome to BirthWays!
Founded in 1977, BirthWays is a comprehensive pregnancy, birth, and parenting education and resource center, located in Berkeley, California. We offer classes, groups, and community events for new and expecting parents, as well as opportunities for growth and development for local perinatal professionals.
Over the last 40 years, BirthWays has served the local community as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Our mission is to:
- empower families throughout pregnancy, birth and early parenthood
- build community for and among families and birth professionals
- help ensure universal access to pregnancy and childbirth support and information
BirthWays believes that all families deserve to be supported, empowered, and well-informed as they navigate the major life events of pregnancy, birth, and early parenthood. BirthWays is an inclusive, non-judgmental space for participants to ask questions, learn about their options, and connect to their local community.
- Class and group offerings
- Rent BirthWays for an event
- Classified listings of local perinatal professionals
- Monthly “Meet the Doula” nights
- Volunteer Doula Program
- Quarterly newsletter
- Volunteer opportunities
- Board of Directors
- BirthWays Instructors